The emulators are here for a long time. The first one came up for the PS1. After that, we used some for the PS2, and now we are using them mostly to play mobile games on a PC. Bluestacks is a good example of a working and reliable emulator.
But this time the whole fuss is about a Nintendo Switch emulator called Yuzu. This is the first emulator made for this type of consoles. I am not sure that this is a console, but it is the heir of the famous Nintendo Gameboy.
How The Yuzu Emulator Works?
Well, this is something that you need to know before you download Yuzu. Basically, the principle is the same as all emulators. You must have the system files of the Nintendo Switch game on your PC. You start Yuzu and open them through the emulator.
This was my first thought when I downloaded Yuzu. But this is not exactly the case. First, you need to choose the working principle for your PC system. For instance, if you are using a Windows or a MAC.
Second, you need to see which version of your OS system you have. Note, that all of this you need to do by hand. For now, Yuzu is not automatic. After your choice, you must download the “zip” file that is compatible with your PC.
The different Nintendo Switch builds of Yuzu are called “canary” and you must choose yours well. Otherwise, the emulator won`t work. And so, you have downloaded Yuzu. Installed it, and now you need to set it up.
How To Set Up Your Yuzu
Now, I will be honest with you on this Nintendo Switch emulator. If you are not familiar with the specs of your PC or how to work with system files, you better watch a tutorial and copy the actions from there. Since Yuzu has to be tuned by hand, you must go to “Emulation” on the top left corner and click “Configure”.
- First, you have to make sure that you are using the “Sub – directories for games” option. You just need to click it. Also, you need to click “enable CPU JIT” and the “Enable NFC”.
- Second, you need to go to the “Game List” section of the same window and set up the “Icon Size”. Choose the option “Standard – 64×64”
- Go to the “System” section. Click on “Add” to create a user name. Type anything you want.
- Now, you have to go to the “Input” section. There, you will be able to configure your inputs. You can use your favorite buttons for every game. You can even save a “Load Out”. That means that depends on the game, you can change your buttons with one click.
- Go to “Graphics” and adjust your speed. If there are games that run too fast or too slow, you can adjust the speed of the animation from here.
- Here it`s getting a little bit hard. You have to go to the “App Data” folder of the game. Open “Roaming” and create a folder called “Keys”. There will be your “Prod Keys”. They had to be made in “txt” file. They are essential because they will decode the games for your PC. After that, you have to rename the “txt” file: “Prod”. After that, rename the extension of the file. From “txt” to “keys”.
Once you have done all of that, you must open the game from the directory. And start it. If you have done the set up right, the game should run. Of course, note that there will be some glitches and bugs. Yuzu will be more and more developing over time.
Yuzu System Requirments
- A Working 64 bit version of your OS
- OpenGL 4.3 capable GPU and a CPU that has high single core performance
- At least 4 GB of RAM
Let`s Download Yuzu For PC
- Step 1: In order to download Yuzu, you have to go to the official site of the emulator. Note that this product is open source, and it is still in development.
- Step 2: Scroll down, and click on the “Download For Windows 64x” button.
- Step 4: Wait for the installation to finish.
- Step 5: Click on your “canary” ( see the guide above)
- Step 6: Wait for Yuzu to install itself.
- Step 7: Set up Yuzu as shown above.
And this was for the first Nintendo Switch emulator – Yuzu. It is a little hard to get it going, but if you have set it right, You will enjoy a lot of Nintendo Switch games on your PC.
If you need another tutorial, for a game, a MOD APK or even another emulator feel free to comment below. We will do all we can in order to help you!